You have to try this...Emma swears by it! Much better than any ointment we have tried ever....

Miracle Skin Salve 2oz

Friday, May 22, 2009

Time to update

I have so much I want to record from the past year and I just haven't done it. So many memories to share, record, save. I have made a mental list of all the things I have wanted to share. I think I will start with all the fleeting memories of last fall.

It was in August when one of one of the most awful flus hit our house. We were so very sick, EVERYONE. Miraclously, Big Daddy, my grandfather, whom I cared for and was living with us, did not get sick. It knocked us all out of comission. Just as we were all recovering from that, Bubby took a plunge down the stairs. It was a day I won't soon forget. We had not been anywhere in over a week because of being so sick. I had finally and just declared us all well enough to venture to Wal-Mart for much needed rice milk and diapers. I decided James Elliot needed a diaper change before leaving. I then decided my shoes were not sufficiently comfortable enough. As I round the corner to go back to the stairs, I realized I had not put up the baby gate and James Elliot was at the top of them. Just then, he teeter, tottered and literally, as his overall strap slipped out of my fingertips, he fell head over heels down the stairs bouncing and hitting along the way.

He, obviously, was not happy with the outcome of his plunge. He screamed for quite awhile and then finally calmed down and I kept a close eye on him. It wasn't until the next day that he was in the car and started throwing up. After conferring with the Pediatrician, we decided to bring him over to see her. She took one look at him and sent us to Lebonheur. JOY JOY.....we spent the next eight hours in the Lebonheur ER. He was fine for the first two or three hours as we waited there. They checked us in immediately and then promptly forgot about us! Poor baby, they would not let him eat anything or drink anything until seen by a doctor. So he had thrown up several hours before but now was hungry and thirsty 1 1/2 year old. Nuther Momma joined us and eventually Daddy when school was out. Uncle Matt had Emma and hung out with her!

After an IV, catheter, CT scan, X-ray and a C collar, he was declared healthy enough to go home. He had a concussion and a neck sprain but other than that was okay. We got him a good, healthy meal at McDonalds! He then came home and played like a wild man. Enjoyed Grammy, who came to visit, and the rest of his peeps!

The next week I got a call regarding his CT scan. The lady was uber dramatic and said, "Mrs. Ewing, they found something on his CT scan." She then paused for a way longer time than needed, plenty of time for me to thumb through my index cards in my brain of all the things that could be found on a CT scan, before saying, "A sinus infection, and we will be calling in antibiotics for him."

So he survived!

I think the most heart breaking part of the entire fall was during the CT scan, I began to cry. I was pregnant with Maggie Jeanne and therefore could not go in with him. I sat in the wheelchair that they were using to cart him around and just bawled. How could I be such a bad mommy. He had been pretty uncontrollable and crying a ton until they finally put the c-collar on his about four hours after being there. It had just really gotten to me. When he got out of the CT scan, he was laying in my lap and reach up and said, "It okay, I okay" My baby boy had not really talked much until that moment. His first real words and actualy sentence type words were to reassure me when I should have been reassuring him. He is so precious! (except when he pulls Emma's hair, bites her, punches her, etc!)

So Bubby has logged his first trip to the ER and hopefully his last!

No comments: