You have to try this...Emma swears by it! Much better than any ointment we have tried ever....

Miracle Skin Salve 2oz

Friday, August 08, 2008

Our busy life!

So this past week has seen a lot of activity at the Ewing household. Tal started the official part of his job, not just the orientation part. He has been in inservice all week long. Somedays have been tremendously long for him. Leaving at 6am and not returning until 8pm, like yesterday. Some days have been fun and informative while others were simply overwhelming. Fortunately he is at a great school with a tremendous administration. It has been a little crazy trying to get his books, figure out what which classroom is his. But that is normal! He did finally get his books, so tomorrow (Saturday) I have the great opportunity to figure out how to keep the kids occupied for a good chunk of the day and allow him to get a lot of his prep work done at least for this week. My plans so far are the zoo in the morning since it has been a lot cooler the last two days. Then I think after naps we will go to the park. The one by the Collierville Town Square is shaded. That way they can enjoy it more. And so can I!

We are very excited about the Olypmics starting tonight. Emma is especially excited about gymnastics and swimming. Being her very first summer Olympics, she has no clue what she is in for. But it will be fun watching with her. Remember to cheer for Gil Stovall!!! He is from Memphis and I taught him in a jr. High Sunday School class. Great kid!! He is competing in the 200M Butterfly and I am not sure what else.

Today is the last day of my first week back at my job....being a full time mom without Tal around all the time! I was a little, well a lot nervous about doing after having such a nice helper this summer. I had gotten used to sleeping in late every morning and taking naps or rests when needed. But God was so gracious. Things just fell into place. And not only have we survived, but we have thrived! I have gotten more done in the past three days than I had my entire summer. Totally God's grace! The kids fell right back into a nice schedule and routine. Emma and I have had time for her preschooling/preK every day. Nothing huge, but we are getting it done.

Tuesday morning starts a new phase for Emma Grace. She starts her dance/tumbling class. And she is terribly excited about it. She has not taken off the leotard for 60 hours (Well, she has taken if off to exchange it for a clean one, but has not been without a leotard except for bathing times.) I mandated play clothes today for our adventure with Daddy and tomorrow's zoo and park experiences. She wasn't too happy but will live. Hopefully she enjoys class as much as she anticipates it. We have her bag ready with her tap and ballet shoes all ready for her. She has worn both in sufficiently in just two days. It is so cute watching her prance around downstairs on the tile and wood floors. So adorable.

Bubby is still not sleeping well. He has gotten to bed very late several nights. We have resorted to just sticking him in his bed and letting him play himself to sleep. (those of you who know me well, I am a rocker, always have been always will be. I love rocking my babies to sleep every night. and refuse to give it up until they want to. Makes for a little more work, but we love it. Time to talk and pray over them, sing to them etc etc!!) He has also been biting more lately. Usually only me, thank the Lord, he doesn't bite Emma! He is teething but I think it is more aggression because he cannot figure out where his dad is. I did notice the other day though in a picture of Emma Grace that was taken two years ago on 8/8/06 that Elliot actually has a lot more teeth than Emma did at this time. Emma still only had two bottom teeth, where Elliot has six on bottom and top. My kids are notorious for their late teething.

Speaking of Teeth!!! we get to see MARK today. Uncle Mark is coming to town to be a part of yet another wedding. He has been in far more weddings than Ieven have friends I believe. But it is so great to get to see him when he comes for them. So we will hopefully get to hang out a little with him.

Well, that is the news so far. and for our quote of the week.....We were shopping last weekend for Tal's school clothes in Stein Mart. Emma was having a blast playing hide and seek with Elliot. All of a sudden, she yells "Mom, I have to go!" so we decided since Tal was almost finished I would take her to the car where we have a training potty waiting for such times. As we were walking out of the store, she yells across the men's section to her dad, "Dad, we will meet you at the car, I have some SERIOUS business to take care of." Hopefully no one caught what she meant, but we all laughed. Almost as loud as when early in that store shopping experience, I had been looking at shirts for Tal and did not notice Bubby sneaking up behind me. Before I knew it he had clamped down with his teeth on my behind! I screamed and everyone looked as I exclaimed, "Please don't bite me in the boody" Nice one, Mary!!!

Have a good day!

1 comment:

Grammy aka Aunt Mellen, Mary Ellen said...

We heard about Emma's quote but not yours. It is priceless.