You have to try this...Emma swears by it! Much better than any ointment we have tried ever....

Miracle Skin Salve 2oz

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thirty is pretty good....

So today was my thirtheth (Mary) birthday, for everyone who did not already know. And it was a good day. I have actually looked forward to this day for the past few years. I am just crazy like that. For some reason, I really did not enjoy the twenties like I thought I would. Maybe the stigma that goes with it. As well as all the lessons that seem to inherently be attached to the age bracket. But now that I am hoping that this new decade will bring great lessons, greater strides and greater relationship with my Savior. So I am excited about being thirty.

Today was kind of an ordinary type day. We celebrated last night because that is when most of the family and girlfriends of brothers were available. It was fun. Tonight was low key. But we had one of my favorite meals: Reubens.....it doesn't matter if they were part of a left over meal...mom was worried. They were delicious.

I have kept up with Amber's challenge, even though she did not really challenge me. I have one Power 90 three days straight now. Tomorrow, I hope to continue to work through the incredible soreness I have accumulated. And Amber, thanks, I needed a little kick in the behind. (Also, thanks for the flowers, you never forget! BFF (we have been doing that before it was anything! I remember doing that twenty years ago, now everyone does it. I cannot believe that we have stayed friends this long separated by this distance. Our God is good.)

To recap for those who missed my party.... I got a t-shirt that has one of my favorite sayings "Not all who wander are lost" by Tolkien from my wonderful mother in law. I have it on now and it fits perfectly and I love how soft it is. Definintely exactly what I wanted. Thanks so much! Jamie, my dear sister in law who has become more sister than law, gave me some very whimiscal Jane Austen notecards. I will adore writing notes on them. Hopefully, I won't go off into some English prose when I am writing, but nonetheless I am sure I will find the very handy as well as beautiful. Great find, perfect for me and definitely will be chereished. I am thinking o framing one of each scence and putting them up by my bedside table..... From Mark, I got the first season of Lost in its entirety. I began watching Lost this season and am....well.....lost. So he is helping me out. I have watched the first disc and I am definitely moving it to my all time favorite column of tv shows! Cannot wait to discuss all the intrigues with you. Matt gave me subscriptions to two of my favorite magazines (of choice) So I picked Cooking Light and Knitting. So much fun, great idea!!!! Mike, knowing how much I love taking pictures, got me the coolest pictures frame. I was just surprised that it did not have one of him in it already. I think I am going to get some of our wedding printed black and white and put them in it. Catherine the every fun loving gal that she is, gave me my favorite, PEEPS!!! I had told her the story of Tal and I 's first birthday together as a married couple. We were sooooo short on cash, so I told him I would just love it if he got me peeps for my birthday. He did, a ton of them, and I enjoyed every last bite! Thanks Catherine, you add a lot to my world. Tal was a super duper shopper and picked out two fabulous pairs of shorts, Columbia, my favorite, very durable with two kiddos. I am very impressed with his color and style selection. Great Job! Grandma Nicky gave me a dear dear present of a bracelet that was given to her many years ago. I have always wanted emeralds and am glad they came from her. I will wear it with much joy. My parents thrilled me to pieces when I received a diamond ring that was my mother's father's mother's ring. I asked my great grandmother twenty years ago for the ring and never expected to receive it. Mom did not even know where it was. She happened upon the setting and she and my dear dad got a new diamond for it and that was my thirtieth birthay present. How special is that? I am so excited to have it sized....my great grandmother was a very slight woman, and I am not so slight as I used to be. So it is a tiny bit snug! And then of course, last but not least the wonderful family and friends that gave the wonderful green gift certificate that is exchangeable everywhere. I will enjoy finding things to do with them! Thanks a bunch for making this a truly wonderful birthday.

So on to what you probably really wanted to know about....Emma Grace and James Elliot. They are doing great. Bubby got his first official skinned knee today....sad, but he was not crying, he did not even point it out to anyone. He let me wash it and put neosporin and a bandaid on it and was off playing again as soon as I put him down. He is tough when it comes to getting to play outside. Emma has made it through five days without pullups on. She has only had four accidents in those days! Today was totally accident free! She has made several hillarious comments about the process though, which was entered in with her full disapproval. WE had run out of pullups and I told her we did not have any more money for pullups right now, so she would have to use the potty. not long after that, she comes running up with a dollar and says, "See mommy, I found you a dollar, we can go get pullups now." Then later that day, she runs up and says, "Mommy, quick, I need you to get me a pullup so I can go pee pee." When asked if she needs to go to the potty she says, "No I can go in a pullup". Then lastly, today, as we were running errands, and we had to get diapers for James Elliot, she said, ' Oh mom, we can get some pullups, so I don't have to use the potty anymore." flashing all her teeth at me......


Prayer requests: we have had three inquiries with two actual showings of the house. Please pray one or a new one wants to buy soon. And that Tal's job continues to pick up soon.

Welllllll,,,,,,I am off to sleep. tomorrow is 30 years and day 2

4 comments:

bruce said...

Happy birthday Mary. 30 ain't so bad. I did it 33 years ago. ;-) I enjoy catching up from time to time on your blog.
Blessings, Bruce

Grammy aka Aunt Mellen, Mary Ellen said...

It sounds like you had a great day. I hope your next 30 years are even better. I love you...Grammy

Jamie said...

I didn't get on the computer home yesterday, so I'm a day late with my written birthday wish! I'm glad you had a good one.

I've been re-reading Austen, so I'm starting to think in English prose...so, go ahead and write it in your note cards! ;o)

Reece and Lindsey said...

Happy belated birthday. I see where you have added the popular show Lost to your all time favorites. Might I suggest WKRP in Cincinnati. I believe you can purchase season 2 on dvd now. You may not appreciate Lonnie Anderson to the fullest at first but trust me she will grow on you.