You have to try this...Emma swears by it! Much better than any ointment we have tried ever....

Miracle Skin Salve 2oz

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Off to the beach

Well, once again I have begun checking my friends' sites hoping for an update, only to realize that mine has lacked an update for well over a week now.

We are leaving for Orange Beach, AL tomorrow, well actually in about an hour. We will be hoping to arrive in time for the sunny sunshine to be warm enough to enjoy. It should be quite the adventure, seeing that my three adult brothers along with Tal, Bubby, Emmy and myself will be in one vehicle!! Hip Hurray for adventures! My brothers may hate my kids by the end of it all. Oh WELL!

This week has been so long already. I was trying to find words to put it onto paper and they fail me at this point. I wish I could follow myself around with my laptop constantly capturing my sitcom of a life. But then I would get even less done than I am currently getting accomplished at this point in my a little less than chaotic and far from peaceful life. It seems that these days my only constant companion is the broom, sweeping up the mess from Bubby's ferocious eating and/or his latest accomplishment of getting into goodness knows what. My cute adorable, wonderful nine month old, who is determined he will walk before he turns ten months old. I am in for it!

Emma is just growing like a weed. She announced to me yesterday or was it today, I cannot remember they all kind of merge into each other, that she is "all growing up." One day she will be bigger than me and bigger than daddy she said. I sure hope she isn't bigger than her daddy. I'll never marry her off! Where would I find a guy that tall???? She is into helping. I love her exuberance, but sometimes it lacks actual quality because she is but two. So I spend most of my time cleaning up after her attempts to be helpful. She has been counting the days to the beach. I sure hope it isn't a let down after all she remembers about it. She was so excited that I could not get her into bed tonight. She knows that after a quick nap, we were going tobe leaving in the middle of her sleep and wake up at the beach. So, because I was afraid she would wake up Bubby, we stayed downstairs, so that Tal and Bubby could get some sleep at least. Emma played hard until about ten thirty and I looked over and she had curled up on her knees and fallen asleep. I cannot wait to see her unabashed glee when we finally get there. For over a year, she has said, "I tell Two Dadddy, pleaseeeeeeeee take me to the beach."And it has only been fourteen months since we were there!

I doubt Bubby will find the same enjoyment this year. He will probably spend his days in the sunshine getting told not to eat the sand. I would wager that the pool will be his favorite. And mine too, because not long into parenthood, I became quite the conniseur of this hole filled with water when I realized they were great for wearing children out and thus perfect for giving parents' much deserved naps. It became a weekly Sunday afternoon ritual with Emma. Swim a little, sleep a lot! Sure worth the wet hair. I will let you know if it works for Bubby.

We think we have finally found a church. And I know this for sure because it is the first time in a very, very long time that I am truely sad that I am missing a Sunday. I am so thankful to our friends' Chris and Jill for their asking us to attend. It has truely been a blessing.

Well, I have a million other stories that will probably never darken a page because they are escaping me now. But one day in heaven maybe the Lord will let me be a spinner of good tales for others. I so do enjoy it here on earth. And if this is just a shadow and a type of what is to come, oh the joy, that I will experience there doing what is so much fun here.

Toodles for now and may your weekend be as wonderful as mine!

Mary

ps. Please keep my dear friend Amber in your prayers. She is anticipating the arrival of her daughter, Naomi, anyday now. And pray for her husband, Pete, and young son, Elijah, as the three become four!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Thanks Mary!!! Have fun at the beach! We will let you know when she arrives! =)