You have to try this...Emma swears by it! Much better than any ointment we have tried ever....

Miracle Skin Salve 2oz

Friday, February 09, 2007

What a week...

Well, my first week of work is now almost officially over, (not counting the next 7 hours of work, which I guess is a full day of work for most people minus that one hour. ) and I have to say it has been okay. God's grace is incredible. I am actually very pleased with the entirety of the week. There were times in the thick of it that I was wondering if I would be able to do this for the next year or so. But I had little gems of peace here and there that reminded me to just to relax. Like last night a friend asked if I was going to be able to make it judging by the first two days of work. I told her, "honestly, I don't know, and I am leaning towards I don't think so. I just don't see how I am going to make it even until the end of the month, much less November, etc..." She quietlly leaned over and said, "Isn't it so nice that you don't have to? You just have to do tonight." That is when the striving inside of me stopped and the quietness of the Lord's peace overwhelmed my heart. It is so true, we only have to do what is set before us now, we don't even know what the next moment holds for us. So why spend my energy worrying or even being saddened or burdened by the thoughts of how my life will go over the next few months. Instead I will pour the energy I have into right now. Knowing and trusting that God's grace and strength will be there when I am weak.

So overall, it has been a good week. I still am very anguished over leaving my sweet little ones. I do really hurt over having to leave them. But God is good to give Tal and I a way to get me home eventually. And what a joyous day that will be.

No comments: