You have to try this...Emma swears by it! Much better than any ointment we have tried ever....

Miracle Skin Salve 2oz

Friday, September 08, 2006

Finally an update....

I apologize to all my readers for a lack of reading material. The past few weeks have been wild at our house.

Today was the first day in awhile that Tal and I had been off together and did not really have much to do or anywhere to be. We had a good time as a family. Emma, Tal and I went on a family date to IHOP. Emma feasted on eggs, pancakes, and bacon. She was a pig!!!

This week Tal made his resignation official. For those who have not heard or guessed, we are moving back to Memphis for Tal to finish his masters and at this point we are praying about him getting his doctrate in History. We are also learning all we can about Family Integrated Churches. This has been a great time of growth for us and stretching. One of the hardest things we have done as a couple, but also a great time of learning. God is good.

I start back full time at St. Jude on Monday. It was hard for me to go back full time, but knowing it was only three days a week and that we were working towards our goal of me being a stay at home mom for good in the next few years, I gladly went back. Fortunately, I love my job, my co-workers, the envrionment there, everything. So at least work is not stressful and God has blessed me beyond words with that job. It was hard this week because seeing that Big Daddy needed more attention this week, and Tal was trying to wrap things up at work here, I drove back and forth to Memphis twice to work. My body does complain after the second day though. I had my doctor prescribe me something to help me sleep and that has been very benefical for my days off.

Emma Grace had a blast this week with her great Grandparents. She stayed Tuesday with MawMaw and PawPaw. She was a perfect angel per tale. She even put herself down for a nap. (Why doesn't she do this for me.....?) And had a blast with them. They are very special people and are just such a blessing to us. Thanks again PawPaw for fixing my glasses. Haven't given me a minutes trouble since you fixed them. Also thanks for keeping Emma, want her back another day?

Yesterday, Thursday, Emma went to Granddaddy's and Meme's. She immediately set off chasing the cat, Leo. She and granddaddy found him under the bed and Emma proceeded to get under the bed. Poor Leo. She ate like a champ off their home cooking. I think she won't turn down a meal at their house again. She must have had her share of tea too, because Tal said she was a bundle of energy until she fell asleep. By the time I got home at 1am, she was out for several hours. She sat up in bed and then fell back asleep after seeing I was home.

Today, she has been so cute. She is wearing blue jeans and a UT football jersey. We also let her wear her flip flops. They are real flip flops except for a strap to keep them on. Her foot was too small when she got them, but they fit perfect now. They are so cute. The picture of them at the bottom is a little fuzzy, but you get the idea.

Update on Big Daddy, he went back to the hospital yesterday having trouble swallowing. Mom called today and said the doc thinks he might have some kind of funal infection in his esophagus. Fortunately, the great staff at the Villages where he lives were quick to catch this, so hopefully, he will get over it soon. Please pray for his strength and just for a sense of peace for him. This must be so hard to go through. And for mom and her brother and sister as they are taking care of him.

Another little annoucement, my maid of honor, Amber had her baby yesterday. Elijah John is so adorable. It is so funny to me too. Elijah and Elliot will be the same age and about the same distance in age apart that Amber and I were. So much fun! They are doing great. Pray for just a smooth transition for the whole family.

Emma found out she loves Quarter pounders this week. She stole mine and ate most of it! She is a good eater lately. She also has become quite fond of carrots and grapes as well. But will eat most anything.

Well, it is time for a scrub, scrub. and then off to dream time for me.!






No comments: