You have to try this...Emma swears by it! Much better than any ointment we have tried ever....

Miracle Skin Salve 2oz

Thursday, August 17, 2006

A day off

Today was our first official day off in weeks. It was tremendous. I am so thankful for it. I guess last week we had Friday off, but we had shopping for Saturday's volleyball bash to get done. And unfortunately, that meant no real day off. So we slept in, well, I slept in longer than Tal and Emma. She did get up a little later, but when Tal woke up she decided to get out of bed. Then we went to get stuff for dinner. I made our chicken soup again. We liked it so much. I have decided it is a mexican type chicken pot pie without the crust. I got that together and then Emma and Tal went to get tickets for the End of Summer concert on Saturday. I went to the movies with three incredible girls from church. We went to see Pirates of the Carribean. I have only see like two movies in the last two years, so it was so much fun. But I probably would have been just as happy seeing a two hour rerun of the worst of Loony Tunes or something like that. It was just fun to have a little of girl time. I also had a great conversation with a lady from church early in the day. She really amazes me. She has had her share of tough knocks, but she was so concerned with reaching out to another family in need. It really touched my heart that despite her own needs, she would give what little she had. It impressed me because I have not know need in a long time in my life, but she who has known need more imtimately than I have even come close to knowing was not holding tight to the things God had blessed her with. It really encouraged me and helped me realize even more how things are not mine, but God's and it is about blessing others with what God has blessed me with. Thanks, Jennifer!

Then Tal, Emma and I went and had Chinese (my soup got frozen) because I was craving it big time. It was so good. Tal and I decided we could have made a meal of just the crab ragoon and the hot and sour soup. We have a frig full of chinese food now though. Which will be so good throughout the weekend. I love day old Chinese food. And it will be good to look forward to it at work tomorrow. Emma enjoyed the rice immensely and she even left room for some of Tal's steamed broccoli. Then we went to get Emma some more toothpaste without fluoride because she tends to like to brush more than she should. While at Wal-Mart we ran into another youth pastor and his wife and daughter. They moved here from West Memphis just a few months before we moved to Benton. It is always nice to see them. Their daughter, Mary Beth, is about six months old now. She is so cute.

The pictures are of Emma folding towels. And the she climbed up on the TV table and just sat up there. So of course, we had to take a few pictures for you to see. Tomorrow we might not get any pictures up because I have to work in Memphis tomorrow. Emma and Tal are going with me because it makes it easier when I don't have to drive back and forth all the time. Plus, I want to see my family. So we will make a quick trip to Memphis and be back in Benton in time to take the kids to EOS. Hope everyone is doing well!






Mary and Tal and Emma Grace

1 comment:

The Charlebois said...

I have some other pictures for you from the shower (her opening your gift, etc) so I'll send those soon -probably when I get back to work on Monday. :)