You have to try this...Emma swears by it! Much better than any ointment we have tried ever....

Miracle Skin Salve 2oz

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Just another day...

Well, today seems quite uneventful compared to yesterday. We got up really early (actually before 8am is early for me these days....) and drove to Memphis in time for me to be at work by 8am. I have gotten used to my evening shifts over the past three years or so. But it is a nice change of pace to be awake during the days. Emma and I will definitely have to get used to it before the next baby gets here.

Yesterday I had one of those experiences that really brought me home a little. Emma loves to chew on ice chips. And I had gotten a big glass of Sonic ice for her, she was so excited, but got tripped up coming to get it. She skinned her knee and blood was everywhere. She was crying a little and upset about her "my knee". As I sat there cleaning her knee, I was taken back to a day when I was not much older than her. I was outside playing when we lived in Florida and my mom called out that she had just cut watermelon and we could come get some if we wanted. I was so excited, but my legs were a little behind my excitement. I don't remember exactly, but I did skin at least one knee. I remember being taken inside to the bathroom and getting my knee cleaned off. I remember feeling so scared about getting my cut cleaned, but remember my parents reassuring me. All of a sudden, here I am the parent, comforting this cutie in my lap. (although she is tough, she rarely cries of blood, just when she makes a mistake, then big croccidile tears appear.) I don't know why it hit me so hard, but it was like those moments that seal in your mind forever. That remind you the the goodness of heaven, because there is an eternal ring to them. Like it was God saying, this is a picture of my love and tenderness for you as you fall and skin your knees and sit in His lap to get them cleaned. Just musings....

Another great thought from Elisabeth Elliot "If we guard some comer of darkness in ourselves, we will soon be drawing someone else into darkness, shutting them out from the light in the face of Jesus Christ.
"Lighten our darkness, we beseech thee, O Lord; and by thy great mercy defend us from all perils and dangers of this night; for the love of thy only Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen" (Book of Common Prayer)."

Hope your day is great!
Mary

1 comment:

BasementBum said...

Welcome to the blog-o-sphere!
Hopefully you can blog more than me lately...busy, busy, busy.
Hope all is well.
~Pete(i.e. BasementBum)